A woman scorned.

It was all a dream right? 
That didn’t happen, did it? 
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I opened it. Could it be this same man I was seeing? Did he just shoot my father? Oh Lord. Please tell me I’m dreaming. 
“Look how I killed him? I’m the governor of this state. There’s no power above mine. You can’t do anything about this.” He said as he bored into my eyes. 
I remember what happened very vividly. He had asked me to deliver my dad’s quotations and instead of taking a look at the quotations , he began to make questionable glances at me.
Then, he proceeded to tell me I was very beautiful. And asked me to drop the quotation on the desk in his room. I had smiled, politely. This project was worth 30 million. I remember my dad repeating it to me. I couldn’t afford to mess things up for the family. We needed the money. 
I  walked into the room, found a nice looking stool, dusted it with my palm and proceeded to drop the quotation on the beautiful mahogany wood. 
I turned back to see him, the governor staring at me. I’m not a gullible little girl. I’m nineteen. I know when I see lust in the eyes of a man who’s fit to be my father. And what I saw in this man’s eyes, was that he wanted to devour me. 
“Umm…sir I just dropped the quotation on your desk. Please I’d like to take my…my leave” I said trying to seem confident but I couldn’t help but stutter. That made the inside me shake my head at my efforts at confidence. 
He placed his hands on my waist and dragged me closer. 
“You want to leave keh? Let’s get to know each other.” 
With  every word, his grip got rough. His touch irritating me. 
I tried to pull way but he only pulled me closer. 
“Sir please I don’t think this is appropriate…” I couldn’t finish my words as he put his big hands over my mouth. I couldn’t say anything. He had me cornered. At this point? I began to scream. I looked over at the door an saw it was locked. How didn’t I realize that? He must have locked it when he came in. 
Oh Lord. I was in deep shit. 
I tried biting, screaming but it seemed that only turned him on even more. I couldn’t help it. I punched him. I punched him hard and that seemed to be the final straw. 
He slammed me hard on the bed  and proceeded to tell me to scream. 
“SCREAM. No one will hear you. Ahaan, can’t you be a good daughter to your father?” He looked at me. Could this man be trying to manipulate me into thinking having sex with him is being a good daughter to my father?
I looked at him and had the sudden urge to spit in his face. And trust me, I’m no coward, I aimed for his eyes and spat . He looked at me. Angry, hungry and  annoyed. 
He slapped me. Hard. 
“What did you just do you this stupid girl?  Do you know who I am? How dare you try that rubbish with me.” He looked me dead in the eyes and I could see the fire burning in his eyes. It was certain. This man was a psycho. 
“Listen to me, I’ll ruin you. I’ll ruin your father, I’ll ruin your family. Don’t doubt me.”
I started to beg. It seemed like there was no way out of this annoy more, I begged him. 
“Sir please. I- I’ll not try this again. Sir please let me go.”
The begging seemed to please him. But not in the way I desired. 
He removed his belt in a swift motion, pinned my hands down and I had no choice. I began to scream. Begging anybody around to come to my aid.
This made him laugh maniacally because nobody came.
Nobody helped me. 
I was defiled on the bed of a 52 year old governor.


He looked at me when he was done. His sweaty body finally getting off of me. I was vengeful. I was angry. Tears were streaming down my face.
This psycho looked at me and laughed 
“Tell your father he’ll get the project. You’re a sweet little one. Be my bedmate next time.” 
He proceeded to place a sloppy kiss on my lips stained with tears. I had no energy anymore. I laid there, wishing I was dead. Watching him leave the room like he didn’t just ruin the life of a nineteen year old. 

I think I fainted. Or I went into a state of not living. I do know that when I came back to life, there was a maid at my side. Asking how I was, if I had any injuries and if I was fit to go home. She disgusted me. She was around the age of my mother but still couldn’t help me despite my cries for help. 
“These things happen dear. You need to get home.”
she said to me lifting me up from the bed. I shrugged her hands off me with the little energy I had left.

”How dare you? How dare you Governor Ajibatu? How dare you?” He stormed into the house angrily. I could tell he wanted to bring the whole house down. My father was a peaceful man but if need be, he’d be crazy. 
The governor walked in. Smiling in his robe. 
“Yes? And what is the problem?”
”You raped my daughter and you dare ask me what the problem is?”
”Mister man, you’ve gotten the contract. Just one small price you had to pay and you’re shouting?” 
I like to believe that’s what ticked my dad off. He leaped against the old pot-bellied man and drove his fist into his face. That seemed to satisfy me. But I had nothing to say. To me, I was dead. 
Within five minutes, we were surrounded. Two hefty men holding my dad down on his knees and one putting a gun to my head. 
“Eh. You touched me? You raised your hands to touch me? You have stepped on the tail of a tiger today and the only reward is death.”
At the mention of death, I began to beg. He couldn’t kill my father. He couldn’t do that to me. My mother was dead. I’d be alone? 
But as usual, my begging didn’t make any sense. He pulled a gun out and put a bullet in my father’s head.

It was in that moment in time I realized I wasn’t angry anymore. I was vengeful. And one thing this man didn’t know was that 
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. 


I hope I have your attention now. I don’t want anybody to look at this piece as a normal piece. It’s me representing corruption, rape and wrong acts in one piece. The amount of power we have in this country is unbelievable if we think about it. Are these powers in the right hands though? Are these powers properly allocated and used properly? 
I’ll be damned if you tell me you do not see the corruption. Basically, they believe they have all the power and due to that, they can do and undo. Just like Governor Ajibatu, spoiling the life of a nineteen year old who just came to drop a quotation. And did you notice what happened? With no fucking remorse. 
You and I know it’ll be a lie if we say this doesn’t happen in our everyday life. Corruption is as little as saying someone should pay you 5k to do something of 200 naira. And it goes as far as stealing billions from the country’s wealth. A wealth that even the people do not feel the tiniest bit of. 
The rape part is not excluded. Every gender gets raped, gets sexually assaulted but we’ll be lying if women are not at the end of this rope. 95% of the female gender have each been assaulted in their lives. Go ahead. Take a survey. Ask your friends. 
Let’s please learn to stand up for victims. Boys, Girls, Men, Women. 
I genuinely this appeals to someone out there, someone who feels like their story hasn’t been heard. Trust me, I know how you feel. I know what you feel. And you’ll be perfectly fine. 
Remember,
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. 

Comments

Unknown said…
This almost brought tears to my eyesπŸ₯Ί. Many people fall victim of rape all over the globe and nothing has been done about itπŸ˜“. But this is a very good piece of writing sha. Well done and keep up the good work
Unknown said…
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Ayokunle said…
A really touching and thought provoking piece. A great read πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€œ
Unknown said…
Wow
A touching piece. Good job
Unknown said…
Phewwww, I'm in tears.
An exquisite piece, very thoughtful.
Unknown said…
Wowwww so much truth full words this is amazing 😭😭
Princess said…
Lovely πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
Haru said…
isn't this terrific, here I was deep into the writing that I forgot for a second where I am. thank you for this, it was so sad how realistic it was.
Unknown said…
This is amazing,,, keep it up..
Unknown said…
Words fail me. Great job!
Tolu Rebecca said…
Wow, this is amazing!
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." The narration got me emotional. Thumbs up.
Priscilla said…
This piece!!!πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί❤️❤️❤️.
I hope the victims never think they are aloneπŸ₯Ί. Talk to someone,there will always be someone willing to listen πŸ₯Ί.
Aisha said…
Everybody is quiet about it! How is rape becoming a norm ffs?
Aisha said…
I’ll always be honored😊
Aisha said…
Thank you😊
Aisha said…
Just the truth!
Aisha said…
πŸ˜‚❤️
I’ve been known to stop people in their tracks!πŸ˜‚
It’s very sad…our reality that is
Aisha said…
😊
Happy I rendered you speechless😊
Aisha said…
Facts. Really. Thank you though 😊
Aisha said…
They’re never alone! If there’s no one to listen, I’ll always be here
Tosin Wahab said…
Beautiful and accurate! Couldn’t be said better.
Unknown said…
What did she do to the governor please 😭😭 he should be burnt alive, this is so touching, I think we need a part 2 πŸ€”
Unknown said…
We can actually, scatter this country and restart all over again πŸ˜‚ that's the best idea Fr's
Unknown said…
I have just one word, BAD GUYYYYYYYY!!!

Popular Posts