Celestial Bodies๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ™

‘Would you be my light?’ A question you once asked me whilst sitting on the pavement looking up at the stars. I stared at you, wondering what to say. I was never good with coming up with the right words at the right time y’know? You always teased me about it too and you were right. You looked back at me, knowing and acknowledging the struggle in my head to find the most appropriate answers to reply you. You gave me a weak smile.
“I always loved the moon y’know? If I could be any celestial body, I would definitely be the moon” You said looking jealous of the moon. Again, I stared at you. The way the moonlight fell on your face absolutely shocking me. How could someone with so many dark thoughts be so beautiful? I wondered.
 “One day, you’ll have an answer for me. And till then, I’ll be in your corner. Waiting.”
 You were right. It’s been 3 years now and I’ve only found a suitable reply to you. I hope you see the underlying meanings beneath my words.
 “I’ll be the sun.
 I’ll be that bright shiny big ray of light that never fails to rise every morning
But I,
 I will not set.

 You’ll be the moon
You’ll have off days to rest your beautiful face
 On the days you do decide to show your beauty in the darkness,
 You’ll have so many stars to accompany you.
 And you will rise.

 On your off-days,
I’ll still be the sun.
 And I’ll shine all of my light,
 As bright as it has always been
Or maybe, even brighter
As bright as I can
 And I’ll shine it all to you.

 Even when surrounded by darkness,
 My light will engulf you
 And with that leading you,
 You’ll shine
 You’ll shine so so bright
From the blinding rays of light
From me.

 Together, we’d form the most beautiful eclipse.
 An eclipse of our thoughts, emotions, feelings.
 An eclipse that eventually washes the darkness away.
 An eclipse I hope would be as beautiful
As when the moonlight falls on your face.

 If I’ll be the sun,
 Would you be the moon?”


Hi dear reader, 
A very good evening to you. 
Thank you. For sticking with me through it all including my inconsistency. Life’s tough y’know? And eventually it gets dark in your head. Maybe, just maybe that’s why I’ve not been able to write something I term good enough to show you. 
But hey, I’ve been guided by little little rays of lights, my little suns and now, the light at the end of the tunnel doesn’t seem so fictional. ;)
So, 
To our little suns and to us never losing sight of the light even when it’s all too dark.
To you and I, my beautiful reader. 
Happy new year๐Ÿ˜Š

Image from solarseven…


Comments

Ayokunle said…
This is such a beautiful piece and I without a doubt enjoyed reading it and hope to read more
Anonymous said…
"To our little suns and to us never losing sight of the light even when it’s all too dark." What a lovely piece Aisha, well done.
Kingk said…
My favorite writer.
Took you long enough, glad to have you back
Unknown said…
Insightful piece no cap, I can relate these heavenly bodies to several situations.
The truth remains that no matter how capable or in charge you seem to be, there's always a need for a recess, one with someone one's shared special memories and moments with.

Great work Nene.๐Ÿ˜Š
Blvck Boy๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿพ‍๐Ÿ’ป said…
"Together, we’d form the most beautiful eclipse" This!!!
Lorenzotv said…
Welcome back ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Unknown said…
It is so beautiful, it surprises me everytime I read your pieces. You're too good.
Unknown said…
I enjoyed reading this, it's so beautiful ❤
Unknown said…
BAD GUYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful Piece! ����
Anonymous said…
Reality makes fantasies blossom more
Aisha said…
Bigger and better y’know?๐ŸŒš
Aisha said…
They’re really all that really matter ๐Ÿฅบ. Our little rays of light showing us that giving up is the real loss ๐Ÿฅบ
Aisha said…
A break is a break. But this return? A bounce back if I may say
Aisha said…
ALWAYS. ๐Ÿ’•
Aisha said…
Words of the wise y’know?
Aisha said…
Too happy to be typing a thank you rn!๐Ÿ˜ฉ
Aisha said…
And you’re too awesome for being constant with me even with my flaws of inconsistency ๐Ÿ’•
Aisha said…
Never been more grateful๐Ÿ’•
Aisha said…
And they shall continue to blossom!
Aisha said…
Glad it soothed the purpose๐Ÿ’•
Unknown said…
Great Piece!! I really love it.

Popular Posts