Pity.

One day, I’ll tell the story of my life. 

My story, not others. 


I’ll tell it with no lies. 

No flaws. 

I’ll state where I was wrong and where I was done wrong. 

I’ll state where I was right and where I hoped I was right but I really wasn’t. 

I’ll not bend the truth.

I’ll tell my trauma in plain sentences, hoping someone would be able to relate. 

For the truth is, my life is all a big misunderstanding. 


Do you think you’ll be able to comprehend? 

If i wrote a 1000 words piece about the beginning of my life to where I’m at now, 

Would you understand? 

Would you go through the emotions with me? 

Would you agree it’s been a rollercoaster? 

Or worse , 

Would you pity me? 


I want none of that. 

But I’m afraid that’s what i’ll get. 

Empathy. 

The fake and the real. 

Tears. 

Crying at how strong I turned out to be and crying for the little girl who just wanted to run out of her own head. 


I ask one more time, 

Would you pity me? 

But I’m not dumb. 

I know you will.

I know you won’t be able to help yourself. 

So I hide. 

I hide behind the cracks of my soul waiting to fill them with the happiness that’s beginning to overflow my being. 

I hide not in fear of people realizing what I really am.

But in fear of the pity. 

There are a lot of things I don’t want in life. 

Some goddamn pity? 

Tops the list. 



#WednesdayShorts! 



Dear Reader, 

Yes yes, it’s me again! See i still delivered? I’m not inconsistent anymore! Hand me my Accolades! 

August is coming and with it, it’s bringing our 1 year Anniversary! 

I don’t know what to do tbh and I’ll appreciate some ideas. Let me know? 


-Your currently consistent writer๐Ÿ˜Œ

Image from Wikihow

Image from Wikihow…

Comments

Anonymous said…
you don’t know what to do? if you mean topics to write on you can hmu!

Popular Posts